So it's my first blog post back from BEDA, and weirdly I kind of miss it. Without BEDA, I'm just sort of putting off writing anything. Anyway I was in one of those moods where I was trying to be all philosophical. Basically in these moods, I try to convince myself I'm really deep and smart. I always end up feeling less smart each time I do it, and I just start to care about things less and less. What I was thinking about this time though was if we as humans perceive ourselves the same as the people around us perceive us. Gah, did that make sense? Just keep reading the sentence until it sort of makes sense.
So I decided to ask my friends (and some family) to describe me in one word and I tried to guess what they would say. I thought they would all say I was nice. Just nice. But actually what this proved to me that actually my friends are perhaps the most amazing, loving people in the entire world. And although I think some of their words were overly sweet and generous it was still so brilliant of them. I texted all of them and got lots of replies saying that, "It's too hard!" But in the end they still did it which was lovely.
I swear to you I didn't go into this fishing for compliments. You don't have to believe me, but I swear I didn't. I didn't think it through like that. In the end I just got loads of compliments from friends because they rock.
I'm going to write down what they said.Slightly to show off but also to show the range of things people said and just how kind they were and ah! (I hope you guys don't mind me writing your names!)
- Caring- Rebecca and Francesca.
- Small-with-a-big-personality- Rachel (Pretty sure that's not one word but then again, she did hyphenate it all.)
- Simply-lovely- Bronte (Again, I think my friends think that hyphenating two words makes it a word. This was still really sweet though.)
- Happy- Catherine
- Devoted- Steph (later she quickly reminded me that I wasn't devoted to sport but that it was still my word because me devotion to other things made up for it.)
- Hilarious- Ella
- Intelligent- Henry
- Incomparable- My Muuuum.
- Joyful- My Daddyy
- Colourful- Alice (do you remember her? She wrote about CAPITAL LETTERS. Also her blog is updated semi-regularly. You should check it out by clicking here)
- Priceless- Eleanor (Who found this via thesaurus.)
- Enthusiastic- Kerry
- Compassionate- Connie
- Short- Angus (Ho hum- I am 5'1)
Then I got a really sweet text from my friend Bethan saying, "Izzy. No other word describes you, your totally yourself which is so lovely and beautiful and yeah." SO, SO CUTE.
This just, guys. YOU GUYS.
And this didn't turn into the philosophical matter it was supposed to be. It was supposed to really mean something. But while writing this I realised that all this showed me something quite different. We always here about how teenagers these days are selfish, cruel and how teenage girls are just bitchy. Either people in the world are just wrong, or I have actually found the best people to hang round with in the whole world, and I'm really lucky.
I'd advise you doing this too, if you are in a bad mood. It reminded me that there are some brilliant, wonderful people who just want to make you happy.
In the comments tell me what you thought, or describe yourself/me/a friend/ your dog in one word! (Or both, but I'm trying not to be greedy). Also thank you for reading this far. That shows commitment. xxxxx